Monday, June 16, 2008

Spoiled Pop...

On Father's Day, I headed to Lincoln to see my dad for Father's Day.

Once I arrived, we hopped in my car and drove downtown. While on the drive, I had him read a list of father/son memories and some of his father-like quotes that are embedded in my head. He got a kick out of reading them all. Of course there was a card and a little bag of cashews. That man loves his cashews.

We arrived downtown to see "Iron Man," which was a pretty good movie, better than most movies out there right now! If you know my dad, you know he's a bit of a prankster, so the idea popped in my head of taking him to "Sex & the City", but I didn't want to sit through that movie nor pay for the tickets, so I jokingly asked if he'd rather see that movie, his response, "not so much."

"Iron Man" reminded me a bit of "Transformers" - but all and all, I will probably want to see it again.

On the way to my parents' house we picked up a watermelon. That man loves his watermelon. We ended up getting a seedless one. How do they grow those?

I dropped by my friend Mike's for a bit and then I took my dad to Popeyes, that man loves his Popeyes. Once we got back to the house, the watermelon was cold and delicious!

I think I spoiled him pretty well yesterday. It is the least I can do, he's been a great dad these last 31 years!

No comments: