Monday, June 19, 2006

Clean, organized, and downsized...

On Friday, I spent much time cleaning in anticipation of my parents and Grandma coming to Omaha – for most of Saturday evening.

While cleaning and organizing - I found a huge box of pics, so I had a good time going through the photos. An idea came to me. Find all the pics I can of my dad & I and put those in his card. After looking, I think I had about 50 pics from all different eras. Since my Grandma was coming, I found some pics of Gramp and I. She enjoyed seeing the photos, those were from various eras too!

I also found a few pics back from when I was a bit bigger. As my mom says (jokingly), “back when there was two of me.” I never noticed (no one said anything either) until I see these pics of me from a few years back. Wow, I was a ‘heavy’ guy...

On Saturday... being pre-father’s day – I put my dad to work, helping me around the house with misc stuff I’ve been procrastinating doing because it is simply easier to have a second hand. I fixed ‘em a bachelor meal – ham sandwiches! (Chad’s Deli – opens at noon)

Sunday at church was good…. see my previous blog about that (even though I didn't get an envelope, I think I have a plan as to how to multiply $5)...
I worked on a few projects and roommate #2 dropped by with some stuff.
I settled down to watch “What Women Want” (what do they want?) and that is how my weekend zoomed by.

This week I have more downsizing to do along with some items to take to Goodwill.

The house is bare, even with ‘all’ my stuff...

An organized place is a great feeling and frees my mind so I can focus on what I want to do!

No comments: