Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lots of good info...

Today, Eric & I went to an all day screenwriting/filmmaker conference put on by the Omaha Film Festival.

This morning we heard from Jeff Kitchen who instructs on various screenwriting tools such as The Thirty-Six Dramatic Situations as well as Enneagram personality traits.

In the afternoon we heard from screenwriters Jon Bokenkamp & Josh Stolberg on their experiences.
The late afternoon we heard about film editing from Tom Elkins & Mike Hill on technology and other questions.

All of these guys provided valuable information about writing for film/tv and editing.
The information comes in handy as I approach two new screenplays utilizing my previous experiences writing RoomMate Productions' films and other resources I have bought or checked out from the library.

I look forward to putting what I learned to action ('action' I guess would simply mean 'putting' down on paper).

No comments: