Friday, February 15, 2008

Don't quit my day job...

TGIF

This morning I was a taxi driver for my roommate who was taking an early early flight. I got up, checked my email and waited for him to finish packing.

While driving, I forgot to plug in my meter, so in the end I didn't charge him for the ride. I think I'm picking him up upon his return. Maybe then he'll give me some ($) tips. Until then, I don't think I'll quit my day job to be a full-time taxi driver.

My mom tells stories from when my dad drove a taxi late at night and until the early morning when they were first married. He would dump his tips onto the living room floor to count. I picture taking a ride during the early 70s where my dad is the driver.

This weekend is filled mostly with a screenwriting workshop. I should pick up plenty of great tips and insight as I approach duel screenplays that I am working on.

(Sorry Kasey, no hyperlinks in this blog)

No comments: