Tuesday, April 10, 2007

To all my fan...

(Singular in the subject was done on purpose, as a joke. Somewhere in the world I'm sure I have groupies and fans.)
Anyway... I'm alive and busy.

Work, RMP, and stuff around the house takes up my time.
My Easter revolved around Omaha has my car had issues and I didn't feel like chancing it on a trip to Lincoln to see my peeps. Car is now fixed if you really wanted to know.

As a kid, I enjoyed Easter egg hunting. The Easter bunny did a good job of hiding various candy shaped eggs in the back and front yard.

Now, I hunt for inspiration. I hunt for ideas. I hunt for websites. I hunt for great deals. I hunt for Ms. Right! Sometimes, I hunt for my keys, checkbook, and glasses. Each hunt doesn't bring candy (with the exception of great after Easter deals at the grocery stores), but each hunt brings me something that influences my life.

Easter is meant to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. On Easter, I watched "The Passion of the Christ" film. My fourth time seeing it. Each time I pick up something new. Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane three times. "And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will." (Mark 14:36) What was in the cup? A fallen world? Betrayal? His followers denying him? An upcoming beating? The sin of man? Being nailed to a cross?

Right now my plate is full, but I think about the cup - my human and sinful nature and I think about the cross and about God and His plan for me as I continue to hunt for ways to be more like Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm your fan!