Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday...

He Came Palm Sunday
He Died Good Friday
He Lives Easter

Always been fasinated with the old testament where the crucifiction is prophesized tied with the new testament account of the crucifiction.

Psalm 22:
1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning
Matthew 15:
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
- - -
Psalm 22:
18 They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
John 19:
24 "Let's not tear it," they said to one another. "Let's decide by lot who will get it." This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said, "They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing." So this is what the soldiers did.

No comments: