Friday, August 11, 2006

The wedding...

Instead of work today, I headed to Des Moines for Natelie's wedding.

The wedding was held at the first church ever built in Iowa which happens to be on the state fair grounds.

Today was the second day of the fair, so there were a lot of people there. Many were trying to check out the wedding in the middle of the fair.

It was a great service, depite the concert in the amphitheater next to us. Instead of dressing up, we all had 'wedding' "T" shirts!

The message of the service was the letters the bride and groom wrote themselves that the pastor read aloud.

So, congrats to Natalie and Brian!!!
---
On the journey there I put in 'Next Door Savior' by Max Lucado - an audio book my sister gave me a few years ago for Christmas. Wow! Talk about inspiration to write. Max has an amazing way with words - plus, the book/cd was great too - made the trip go quick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say "Thanks" for coming to the wedding! It was an awesome moment in my life, surrounded by family & Friends (plus about a million others!) witshing us nothing but happiness and joy!

Again, thanks for making the trip!!