Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's late...

This weekend's keywords: "books" & "computer"

After work on Friday, I went to the local library which was having a HUGE book sale. Their whole basement had four rooms - all with books up for grabs. At fifty cents for paper back and a dollar fifty for hard cover - I was all over it. I bought 12 books for $14 total (including "The Five People You'll Meet In Heaven" and some books on writing.) I could have spent more time there - not to mention more money. (I came home and emailed my friend John Jordan about all the cookbooks the library had. He wrote me back Saturday saying he bought about forty books.)

After that, I visited Borders to check out a few writing magazines. I took a pic of their last remaining copy of Left Standing on their shelf with my celly.
---
I spent most of Saturday working on a project for a friend of mine. I was going to Panera Bread, but I ended at a different Borders location (yes, I have an addiction to bookstores). I wanted to find a small tips book on photography. I did, and it was a good price too (way to go Chad). The 'book finder computer' said there was a copy of my book there - but I couldn't find it. I should have told 'em to order more!

Anyway, the hours I spent there walking around - head tilting and judging books by their covers, I was struck by the categories of interest I have and the multitude of books surrounding each one. So, I started making a list of books I want and categories I'm 'into' - for my own reference, I'm not done, yet. Now, if only I had more time to actually add to the shelves.
---
Tomorrow, RMP is filming a bit for the bonus feature for "Kitty Cats & Exit Signs" DVD - to be released... well, someday...
---
In other good news, the roommate search is over...
What a relief!!!

No comments: