Wednesday, June 14, 2006

And yet again...

I’ve been having “Aisle to Aisle” experiences at Hy-Vee, Best Buy, and now Quizno’s.
---
So... last night, I went to Quizno’s for dinner (I’ve been in a Subway/Little King/Blimpie/Schlotzsky's kinda mood lately).

I placed my order in a very empty restaurant. I thought I was the only customer. While waiting for my sandwich to go through the ‘conveyor belt’ – I noticed an attractive young blond/blonde (which one is it?) eating in the order by herself. We exchanges occasional glances as if we knew each other. By the time my order was ready ‘to go’ she had refilled her cup – we exchanged glances again and then she left (me standing) wondering what I should/could have said (without coming across as a weird stalker man). Seems everything went 'left unsaid' – as usual.

If nothing else, these 'encounters' can give me 'stuff' for my books...

No comments: