Thursday, April 06, 2006

5:33am...

At 5:33am this morning, my dad called to say my grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away. He had been ill for the last few months. I had a good chat with my sister this morning who is in Lincoln from Orlando for different reasons. Although, those reasons shifted and became amazingly clear.

Coincidence? No way. God's hand? Yup.

I haven't had a chance to talk to my mom, dad, or grandma. I sent virtual hugs until I can get to Lincoln.

As my outlet, I wrote up a few memories about him - maybe I'll share at his memorial service. I sent the write-up to close friends & family. Most of the recipients have never met my grandpa and will only know him through what they read.

I did this for my other grandma a few years back.

I'll post my write-up on this blog once it is finalized. However, most of those who read my blog are those who have already received the email.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss, Chad. I lost both of my grandfathers within a month last year. My thoughts are with you.