Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Small world...

Last night after work I went to my first meeting of Great Adventure Omaha.
Cool group of 'kids' from various churches around Omaha, mostly from Christ Community where I attend (and will become a member on Sunday)!
As I entered the house in downtown Omaha, I saw a few people I knew from church that I later found out also went to Wayne State College. We said how familiar we looked to each other and finally figured out where.

“She” was there and I had brought a (amazon) printout of a book that is coming out. Last time I talked to her, she was reading a book by the same author.
Of course that was two weeks ago, so maybe she was surprised I thought of it.
She remembered my name, “Chad, right?” I was surprised; I don’t recall telling her what it was.
We all ate, she sat across from me, although she was the hostess, she didn’t sit down much.
After we all ate, we had a speaker, and then broke into small groups.
She went into a different group and by the time I was ready to go – she was nowhere in sight.
We’ll see what happens next Monday, or Sunday if I see her then…

No comments: