Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Busy Guy...

Last night I hit the gym again. Thirty minutes on the elliptical machine isn’t too bad. Then I did weights and I’m hurting. I hope this drive to go stays with me until the end of the year! I am feeling better and sleeping better, so sticking with it shouldn’t be a problem.

More and more I realize how much I want to write full-time. I feel like I could spend all day reading, researching, and writing – not just books. But blogs, articles, and forum posts too! Oh yeah, of course – emails!

All it takes is for “Left Standing” to fall into the right hands. I’m working my marketing plan around that approach. If everyone knows 1,000 people, then I’m bound to get connected to someone who works at a publisher and get my book in front of their face. This is my #1 goal right now. I know it will take time and I need to be patient. But in the mean time, I need to get started on book #2 (Left Unsaid) & #3 (Red Light). If they ask what I’m working on, I want to be able to tell them.

Seems like I have a lot going on with work, 3 upcoming short-films, a film my church wants me to make, work I think is going to toss around an idea for me, and of course Mike & Kasey’s video to show at their reception. I really want to get into freelance writing as well. I need to build my portfolio. Working out takes time, but it is worth it as I can contemplate ideas while burning calories. I love working on roommateproductions.com & leftstanding.net and eventually I want to get chadbring.com. Plus, I’m helping a friend of mine start a coffee shop supply store online and a few other people are seeking my assistance. To top it all, I have about twenty books I want to read. AND promoting the crap out of “Left Standing” when that comes out.
Oh yeah, assuming I ever start dating one of the two brunettes from church – who knows when I’ll be able to see her.

I’m not sure how I got started in all of this, but it sure keeps me out of trouble. I haven’t watched TV forever… I love my movies, haven’t seen one for awhile either.

No comments: