Monday, November 08, 2004

A New Path in life...

My life hit a bump today and threw me off into a whole new path. Life gave me some changes in my earthen vessel.
Today I was diagnosed with type I diabetes. Same as my father and my sister.
A couple months ago I thought this would happen. I tried to stop the inevitable and lost. I was hoping if I had to get it - that I would only get type II
Now I really have to watch what I eat. Exercise more - both things I should be doing anyway.
This is the one thing I didn't want - but I got it anyhow.
Now I have to deal with it - I choose to deal with it positively.
Pricking my finger to check my blood sugar 6-8 times a day isn't so bad.
Injecting myself with insulin 4 times a day isn't so bad.

The hardest thing is going through this alone. My dad and sister can help - but they live miles away. I have good friends who can keep me accountable - but it is up to me each day.

Pray for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! :( I'd pray if I did. But I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Let me know if you need anything.

Adam

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers Chad. Always here if you need to talk or anything. I can imagine this is absolutely not an easy time. You're a strong soul though.

Love,
Julia