Friday, November 20, 2009

Stuff

November is flying by, next week is Thanksgiving already. I have much to be thankful for this year. More on that next week.

I was able to gain another client for my side consulting business and I have another one in the works. Both are local companies and both contacts have been great to work with. One of the benefits of doing this, I get to meet some great people.

Writer's Blog & Bookstore:
I've been slowly working on my writer's blog as well as what I call Chad's writer bookstore. As many of you know, I enjoy browsing bookstores and buying books, but when it comes to actually reading them cover-to-cover - I fail. My hope was that by compiling books on the craft of writing in different subject areas, I'd pick a few off my bookshelf and crack them open - thus, finally write again as part of the bigger picture. Stay tuned.

Peach Iced Tea:
I picked up a new addiction thanks to my sister: Peach flavored iced tea. I found some sugar-free drink mix. It hits the spot. Nice change of pace from pop, especially after a long day at the office.

Angie & Scott:
Speaking of my sister (and her husband)... their local support raising for their mission work with Campus Crusade for Christ is coming to a close and they are going to be making their way back to Orlando. If you'd like to find out more about what they do, visit ScottandAngie.org.

Goals:
I opened a fresh new Word document to jot down some goals by category and included some sub-categories (sounds exciting - I know). I was at the point where I had too many in my head that I'd forget some. Now they are in one central location. I've heard that if you write down your goals - your chances of reaching them are like 80%. I reviewed a similar document from years back and see that I've met most of those goals and the ones I haven't met are in the works.

1 comment:

RaineyDewey said...

What a great idea! I'll do just that. My goals are rattling around in my head too. Thanks for the idea.