Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Close to home...

After work I dropped by the grocery store and headed home. I had to take a different route home, a police car was blocking 108th street.

I drove up my street to find a bunch of news vehicles parked across from my house.

The driveway next door held a Channel 3 news van. I walked in to notice the crew had set up on my neighbor's deck.

Their camera was pointed to the apartment complex behind my house.
Three-alarm fire at Omaha apartment complex under control

Watching it on the news now... now I'm watching it live on tv while I watch the same guy on the deck next door.

Keep those people who lived there in your prayers. Everyone got out safe. Someone had moved in 15 minutes before the fire started.

1 comment:

SarahC said...

Wow -- that's insane!!! glad no one was hurt ... nothing like having all the excitement literally in your back yard.