Wednesday, December 27, 2006

With Hope...

I don't talk to my childhood friend Jonathan as much as I did during days before bills, car payments, and our own health insurance. I'm on his mom's funny forward and prayer request list.

The recent prayer request and a follow-up email I received from her saddened me. I can't imagine how this must be for the family.

Jonathan's brother Jeremy's wife Shana, a young mother of three wasn't breathing on Christmas morning. She had been having migraines and a cold that wouldn't go away. Her brain was without oxygen for quite some time – she fell into a coma.

At 12:30 am this morning, Shana passed peacefully. As an organ donor, she will be able to help a lot of people.

I met her once a long time ago and recognized she was good for her husband and children.

I passed lyrics to a song that got me through the tough time when my friend Shawn died in a car accident a few years back.
"With Hope" by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments: