Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Two decades later...

Last night, I met up with my friend Jimmy and his wife Karin. Jimmy and I have known each other since kindergarten (maybe a year or two before that). He used to live on the street behind me growing up. We occasionally got into trouble as most boys that age do. We exchanged stories that we remembered about those days (days before bills, internet, cell phones). It was so fun to chat about the good ole days. I don't even recall how we stayed in touch after he moved away around junior high. I guess I'll thank my cell phone and internet for reconnecting us old pals.

He and his wife are expecting their first child in March, they were in the area after a high school reunion and decided to make a vacation out of it by visiting a ton of cities and reconnecting with a lot of people. They currently live in Chicago. As Chicago is a bit more exciting than Omaha, I think I'll have to go visit them and the city!

Their 'vacation' really makes me itchy to go out and visit old friends I haven't seen in a long time. That journey would take me to Nevada, Florida, Alaska, Kansas, Arizona, and other misc cities around Nebraska.

No comments: