Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My first love...

Music.

Along with my love for writing, has always been a love for music.

Watching INXS:Rockstar tonight, each of the last five singers had to perform a song they wrote. Mig's song "Home in Me" grabbed me the most. A soft ballad. What caught my eye besides that he wrote it, was that he played keyboards as he sang. I can't sing to save my life and I'm very rusty on the piano and song writing... but it inspired me to blow the dust off the piano (actually, to get the piano to my house)... and get back into it. As if I don't do enough with writing and filmmaking already. It was my first love...

A bit late to put my own song in "Silence". Maybe a tenth anniversary edition of the film.

1 comment:

Adam said...

yeah, the 'Criterion Collection Edition'....;)