Friday, February 06, 2009

TGIF...

I haven't written a TGIF blog for awhile. (Sorry Kasey)

This past week has been busy. Every night I met up with some people, had dinner, and discussed various topics, which meant each night I went straight from work to my meeting and finally home. Makes the nights go fast, but it was sure a change of pace. Taco Bell, TGIF, & Old Chicago make for a good variety of dinner locations!

I was sad to hear about layoffs at a company I used to work for. Layoffs in this economy are going to happen which makes job searching all that more difficult. I was laid off shortly after 9/11/01 and didn't find a permanent job for about 10 months after that. I was however, able to find a temporary 'gig'.

An eventful weekend is upon me - movies, birthday parties, needed organizing and cleaning, and some reading. If you haven't checked out Havah: The Story of Eve by Tosca Lee, do so. That is one of the books I'm halfway through.

I intend to spend some time in what I call my 'coffee shop office' which means going to Scooters with my laptop and work on my 'fun' projects. I'd list 'em, but I don't intend to bore you. The list never seems to shrink though, I've noticed.

Oh yeah, the fourth annual Omaha Film Festival is approaching!

No comments: