Friday, December 19, 2008

Home for Christmas...

What coming "Home" for Christmas means to some...

For some, it is a solider returning home from war.
For some, it is a long drive or a long flight.
For some, it is returning home from Christmas break from college.
For some, it is going to the house you grew up in with your very own family.

For some, like today - my Grandma went home for Christmas.
Her home is now heaven and she is reunited with my Grandpa and everyone that God called home before her.

We called Grandma "Gramp".
We called Grandma "Gram."

My memories of Gram - Gram's Dash

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you and your Family for strength and support.
Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Anonymous said...

Chad, Great poem about going home for Christmas. It makes it so much easier to let her go. I can't remember right now when you graduated but in 88 my mom died on Halloween when I was 9 months pregnant and my dad died the first day of school two years later. My students were great through both of those hard times. I am glad you are able to reach out for support. We are praying for you and your family.
Deb