Friday, September 12, 2008

A chapter ends, one begins...

In this case, I'm not referring to chapters in a book - I'm referring to chapters in life.

For one month shy of five years, I have worked at the same company. I recently landed a great opportunity to give my career an upgrade in the field of marketing at another company here in Omaha.

Today marks the last day at one company & Monday will start day one of a new company.

Many people asked why I'm not taking time off between jobs.
I get bored easily and didn't feel like sitting around at home.
Any trip I really want to take would require more time and funding than I have right now.
Plus, I'm anxious to get started.

I'll miss being able to wear my jeans & Omaha Film Festival shirt to work, but so be it.
Dressing up a bit more business-like might be a nice change.

I've decided having more variety in life is overdue - those variety categories have not been selected - yet.

I'll probably blog about day 1 at my new job... stay tuned!

No comments: