Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A few hats...

Lately, there has been some momentum on many of my side projects. These projects are keeping me out of trouble. No worries, none of the projects are illegal.

A college friend who has her own marketing company referred one of her clients to me. The client happens to be someone I just recently started communicating with because I took on a website project that he had been working on for a wedding photographer. The wedding photographer's husband has a project for me as well. I have another web project in the works that should be on my plate in a few weeks. I also have my websites to update and other for my dad.

In the meantime, I'm still updating Tosca Lee's website for her book Demon: A Memoir and will start on the website for her second book Havah soon, the book comes out this fall.

Eventually I'll get back in line for location scouting for RMP's short film "Table for Two" that is based on chapter one of my second book Left Unsaid which is a never-ending work in progress (it should be called left unwritten). However, I did recently enter a short story writing competition where the winner gets their work in progress evaluated by a literary agent. There are a lot entries, but I can still cross my fingers!

I just received an email announcing that there is a new version of Celtx available. I've been using this program to format a screenplay based on an idea from a friend. The screenplay is about 20% done. Chalk it up to me being in the 'research' stage and distracted by my other projects.

Also, I'm shadowing my church's film team to see if I can devote more time to helping them and determining exactly what I would be doing. The guy in charge of making films sent me a video project for the children's ministry with a quick turn around time. With all that I have going on, I'm not sure I can complete it in time. However, a few ideas popped in my head which would allow this video to be done on time and still have impact. More on that later!

No comments: