Thursday, May 29, 2008

Can’t have volUnteer without a U...

After indicating an interest to volunteer with my church’s film team, I was contacted and today I met up with two guys that are on staff at Christ Community to see how I can add my so-called expertise/experience to the videos made internally. I have seen some of the films they have made that get shown during the church services. They are good and I know the team needs to add more people.

I've wanted to join this team since seeing "Rain", a Nooma video put on by Rob Bell and his group. This film was shown at one of the church services just like the films the church makes internally. The video had a huge impact on me and I've been following the Nooma series ever since.

So, I figured since RMP's projects are light with "Wednesday" almost done, "Table for Two" being a quick project, and searching for funding for "Life Unattended" - this would be a good time to get involved in this aspect of the church's ministry team.

One of the guys I met with sent me over the film schedule. I'm not sure what all I'll be doing, but I'm sure it will involve camera work, maybe some casting, location scouting, and editing. Eventually, I'll be given a chance to pen a script or two.

1 comment:

Raffi Shahinian said...

You might get a kick out of this one.

Nice post, by the way.

Grace and Peace,
Raffi Shahinian
Parables of a Prodigal World