Friday, January 18, 2008

Pizza, breadsticks, and writer's block...

Last night, my roommate decided to order some pizza. We pooled our money for a large Val's pizza with breadsticks. For the first time in a long time I sat at my dining room table and ate. For one night, I wasn't eating in front of my computer or the TV or while in the car – but at my dining table. My roommate moved in a few days after Christmas and this was the first real conversation that didn't include "What' up Dude?" as we have been saying in passing.

Now we have left-over pizza for the weekend. Speaking of the weekend. There are some movies to watch and a nap to take, and keeping warm at all possible times.

I'm compiling my to-do list of random things that pop in my head that I need to take care of. As I get older, I realize I am becoming more forgetful. Yikes.

I'm on a reading kick which I get once or twice a year. Right now I'm reading a "The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Beating Writer's Block" which is giving me some insightful tips. Some say writer's block is not knowing what to write. I used to say, writer's block is the fear of writing something bad. This book says that writer's block is having the good ideas in your head, but they are blocked by all the other things in your life filling your head.

TGIF!

No comments: