Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I will keep my day job...

I was invited over to the Kochs to do the Halloween thing with them. Their daughter was a princess and their son was a frog. My costume changed to "man #1", the extra in a movie that says, "Excuse me" to the main character.

Anyway... I got the job of handing out candy at the Kochs. I didn't even have to buy it, just got to give it away to a series of Harry Potters, Storm Troopers, Ghosts, and Supermen.

Note: I'm around adults most of my day. Many of my friends have kids, sure... but my Chad-to-Kid interaction is slim... and... I have what some would say is an odd sense of humor. Tonight, I realized that not everyone 'gets' my humor. I realized I'll keep my day job and not pick up a stand-up mic.

The Scene: I was handing out candy like any good person.
A girl came to the door, I don't even recall what she was dressed as. I'd guess she was between 5-7 years old (recently found out I'm bad at guessing ages of children - another story) so I proceeded to say, "I'll have to give you these treats since I'm all outta of tricks," and this little girl looked up at me, rolled her eyes as if to say, "I can't believe he said that"... and walked away leaving me dumbfounded (and laughing) at the door. Christi was behind me and saw the girl's reaction too - she simply laughed as well...

Why can't my internal thoughts and not-even-funny jokes remain in my head?

3 comments:

SarahC said...

poor, cheesy-chaddy-waddy-not-wick-almost-oscar-bring (I shortened it for you ...)

Christi said...

That crazy girl just doesn't appreciate good humor. ;)

Renzer said...

CHAD,
KIDS DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR LEVEL OF THINKING.... IF YOU WOULD HAVE GOT DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL..ALL WOULD BE GOOD IN THE WORLD. THE PROBLEM.. YOU DIDN'T WEAR THE SUPERMAN TOWEL CAPE. IF YOU HAD. NO WORRIES!