Monday, January 29, 2007

Am I expecting?

I went to Bakers over lunch today to grab a few snacks for home and my desk at work. Along with my receipt, I get coupons for products I've bought in the past month or so.

The cashier saw the coupons and asked me, "Are you and your wife expecting?"
I was taken off guard because I didn't think she was talking to me. Then I realized she was and thought I have just entered the Twilight Zone (feel free to play the theme song in your head). I double checked my ring finger to be sure I hadn't gotten married and maybe forgot.

Then it dawned on me, a while back I had bought some diapers for Mike & Kasey as they are expecting twins this week.

---

In hindsight, I should have said, "yes, my beautiful wife and I are expecting our tenth child, we are very happy!" Just to see the look her her face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love it! Next time you'll have to say that.