Thursday, August 03, 2006

How Full is your Bucket?

After work yesterday, I headed to Ralston, Nebraska. Since I was early, I stopped at DQ with what I have written so far for Left Unsaid. I made several several editing marks while I ate. It is so much easier to notice the errors on paper vs. the computer screen.

I then headed to the library and met up with other Nebraska Writers to discuss things writing related and for some to read and share what they have written and hear critique on it.

I didn’t get a chance to read what I wrote, but that turned out to be a good thing. I can make my revisions and bring it next time...

The stories that were read were all as different as the people in the group. While listening, I thought about things I should change with my writing - esp when it comes to detail.
---
I received an email from my old high school marketing teacher. She had some questions about self-publishing and she also connected me to one of her other (past) students, Tom Rath who co-wrote How Full is your Bucket? and he just came out with Vital Friends...

No comments: