Sunday, August 27, 2006

A bit of rain...

It is raining out. A nice cool rain (Lord knows my lawn needs it)...
Today was a great day out, not too hot, not too cold.

Today at church, we learned the results from the Parable of the Talents challenge for the Mauli Project. From the $20,000 in seed money, the church raised more than $400,000 to build a hospital in Mauli, West Africa.

After church... Jenn, her grandma and I headed to lunch, Boys Town where we walked around the garden, and then headed downtown.

Friday night, I went to Jenn's for dinner, met her grandma, and we watched "Failure to Launch" - not bad despite those crazy critics!
---
This week:
On Tuesday I'm having lunch with an old old friend from elementary school who used to live in the house behind (and up one) me growing up. I haven't seen him for about 10 years nor have I met his wife.

No comments: