Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Melting Away...

The snow outside is melting away into big puddles of water...

Ahh - I feel like writing a bit. These are rare moments, I must take advantage of it, even if it is to blog.

I've been helping Eric put his acting resume online. I'm not sure why I'm so hard on myself for not knowing exactly how to code it right, I must remember I didn't go to school for this - I just know bits and pieces... enough to 'get by'. Regardless, 'something' is on his site in time for the Omaha Film Festival - he plans to network a bit. At the same time, I'm glad I didn't go to school for it... writing is my real passion (even if I'm not doing it much these days). Publishing on the web is 'fun'! Filming, something I got into and enjoy it. Now that I want to get into photography - I sometimes wonder how I'll do it all!

Tonight was the first Echo Factory Productions Meet & Greet/script read through of the current working title: "Hero Alley" (formally "Hostage"). Finally meeting everyone to see who would play what was great. Filming takes place in April. The script (after a dozen rewrites) is good and all the cast is excited about putting this together. The cast includes some RMP Alumni as well as the crew includes Extreme Films who helped RMP make "Silence" & "Kitty Cats & Exit Signs"! My role in this is on the crew side with the script and helping first time director Chris anyway that I can.

I heard about a new guy at work had a side biz, so I inquired. He runs www.classifiedomaha.com - he is also involved in film and is in a band. To top it off, he bought my book! It will be good to have a co-worker who shares similar interest I can bounce ideas off of.

I haven't seen one of my best friends for more than a year. He lives about 40 minutes away. We used to hang out all the time (while I was in college and a few years after), but eventually went out seperate ways (he moved away from Lincoln). He occasionally emails with his current struggles, I email back and then months go by before I hear from him again. I'm not sure what else I can do. He doesn't return calls or emails. I can't exactly show up at his door... I have no idea where he lives. I had to send his Christmas Card to his parents to pass to him. He hasn't even come to Omaha to see my new house. Not sure what happened. Each email - he apologies for being a bad friend - that was in the last five emails in the last year and a half...

Suggestions???

No comments: