Thursday, March 16, 2006

The 3am Epiphany...

My package from amazon came in the mail today.

I'm attempting to motivate myself into writing again.
I strongly believe in the writer's 3am epiphany - when the best stuff is written. The 'stuff' that stirs in your mind while you struggle to sleep - only to get up and grab a pad and pen and while still in the darkness... the 'thought' is scribbled. Hours later, you wake up and try to decipher what you meant. Sometimes it breaks your 'block' - other times... it simply gets you by the next hurdle of the plot.

3am is when I wrote my Left Standing quote ("On the journey to discover ourselves and find happiness - we are left standing amidst change.") as well as my preface.

While writing Left Standing, I would listen to Epiphany by Staind. It is a soothing song. No connection, just interesting tid bit.

So, when I saw I could get this book and get free shipping, I went for it...
The 3 A.M. Epiphany: Uncommon Writing Exercises That Transform Your Fiction by Brian Kiteley

No comments: