Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What a zoo...

After work last night, I got home to find a message from my roommate that he was having some plumbing issues in his bathroom. The issues were pretty much the same as mine – oh, the joys of being a home owner. Luckily, he stopped at Wal*Mart to pick up some stuff that he thought would do the trick, sure enough – it worked.

He’s dating a single mom, so she dropped by with her kids – two boys, 3 & 6. They ran all over my house and wanted to check out every corner of the place. Luckily, I had moved my computer into my room before they got there. After a very interesting dinner around my small table – I escaped to the basement to watch "Scrubs" and let them all have the living room. By the time my show was over, they were gone.

What I learned from her 3 & 6 year old boys:
  • You can never have too much ketchup
  • Chicken bones are hard to chew
  • 3 glasses of milk isn’t enough
  • I don't have any 'cool'/'fun' toys to play with
  • My ‘game’ chair has 10 uses I hadn’t thought of
  • Jumping off my couch is fun
  • There is a monster upstairs
  • Sliding down my stairs is fun
  • The water dispenser in my fridge doesn’t dispense the water fast enough
  • That mommy kissing my roommate is ‘gross’
  • “Why?” can never be asked too many times
  • I should get a dog

    ---
    Possible premiere date annoucement today - check back later for more details...
  • 3 comments:

    Sarah said...

    I would think that some coloring books and crayons would be a good item to have stashed for those ages, just in case.

    For the older daughters of the guy I'm seeing, it's simple card games and Yahtzee that are most addicting. That, and letting them play with my cameras... Because I'm chill like that. :)

    Anonymous said...

    Im glad you "enjoyed" my children. Gavin's 6 and Travis just turned 3. Hopefully the night wasn't to eventful for you. I am still serious about if you ever want to babysit!!!

    Anonymous said...

    That is too funny. It will be interesting to see what fun things you learn from Gabe and Noah. ;)