Monday, December 26, 2005

It all goes by fast...

Here I am, sitting on a low connection blogging about the last few 'festive' days.
A lot of work goes into planning time with your family and the meals and it all goes by so fast. This year, I was more focused on everything but the reason for the season. Not sure when or why that happened, but hoping to change that.

Saturday I arrived at my parents' just before they came home with my grandparents. We ate, watched "Elf", and opened gifts. That night we all went to my parents' church and looked at Christmas lights. My mom and I made it home first and started putting things together for the four of us (parents, sister, & I) to have our Christmas. All the gifts sitting there reminded me how much the cat I had as a child would love to tear through all the wrapping paper after each gifts was opened. My sister got me a subscription to Writer's Digest which is a very inspiring magazine that gets my mind going, I'm looking forward to those every month.

Sunday morning, Santa came, but we had to rush off to my uncle's. He has a ping pong table and a pool table, both got a lot of use. Since we have a ping pong table at work, I played that game a bit better. I used to be very good a pool in college, but hadn't played in a long time. We got home through the fog in time for my sister and I to see what Santa brought us...

Thank goodness I don't have to work today or tomorrow! After lunch I'm going to find some stronger wi-fi and clean out some emails and maybe (just maybe) post the new RoomMateProductions.com design.

My sister had the Andrew Peterson Christmas CD. One song struck me as it was about Mary giving birth. She was young, she had no one but her soon-to-be husband around.

It was a "Labor of Love"... it is an amazing song - sang by a female with Andrew providing harmony.

No comments: