Thursday, September 01, 2005

September...

First of the month. That means my first mortgage payment is due. Also means I get to start a huge report for work.

Thinking more of Katrina: I starting thinking of those who take medication. Being diabetic, I can’t imagine having to evacuate my house quickly and not have my insulin stuff with me. First, I have to have it cold so that wouldn’t work. Second, food is harder to come by – reactions would occur more often. So, I’m thinking there most be many diabetics who have had to abandon their house. See below...

I’m also thinking of pets, other people with medication, elderly, small business owners, the list goes on...
---
How many people have diabetes?
According to the American Diabetes Association, there are 18.2 million people in the United States – or 6.3 percent of the population – who have diabetes. An estimated 13 million have been diagnosed, but 5.2 million people are unaware that they have the disease.

No comments: