Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Goals: a several step process...

Last night, I jotted some of my goals down, since I'm a random organized kinda guy - I put these goals into categories. "Dreams are goals with deadlines" is something I've said many (a) times, these goals don't have deadlines yet (well some do, just not noted).

So, Step one - What are my goals?
This list may seem like a lot, but the more you jot down - the more you can accomplish.

What do I need to complete this?
Time, patience, persistence, accountability, encouragement, talent, inspiration, & some cold hard cash!

A thought.
If I was financially sufficient & didn't have a job, the items on my list would remain. (Although, I'd probably add helping my family & friends out $ wise.) Which reminds me, I should add to my list - 'help out friends & family however I can'. A job (although time consuming) shouldn't stop me from completing what I want to do.
---
As of this day: Wednesday, September 28th, 2005 - this is what I want to accomplish in the next year or two. I'd encourage anyone reading this to jot down your goals. If you didn't have a job - what would want to do with your time, talents, & resources?

Chad's 2005-2007 Goals
(some are written as things I want to be more involved in)

What is the next step?
Sorting these into a timeline. Writing these down and sharing them does help. It means anyone at anytime can ask me how these goals are going and hold me accountable. Without accountability and a strategy, the list is worthless.
"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them."
~ Denis Watley

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
~ Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Adam said...

That's quite a list! I don't know how you're going to do 'em all.