Saturday, June 25, 2005

Movie review (Spanglish)...

Last night I got a few groceries and rented "Spanglish".

Very funny and insightful movie about marriage and the craziness that parents face.
I was amazed at Paz Vega the actress who played, "Flor" - she did not speak English and the director did not speak Spanish. Also interesting to note was that this film was shot in sequence.

Adam Sandler didn't fit the part to me. He's a comedian... I'll have to think about who I would have put in that role.
Téa Leoni did an amazing job acting as a crazy wife. Props to her.

The writer/director James L. Brooks also directed "As Good as It Gets".

It is interesting to read the script which can be found on the official movie site. (Enter Site and click Read Script Exerpt.)
I am always curious how screenplays are formatted and how much detail the writer uses.

My favorite quotes:
Flor Moreno: Is what you want for yourself to become someone very different than me?

Gwen: I admire you for your feelings, and hope to adopt them as my own.

Deborah Clasky: You don't have any other questions for me?
John Clasky: What other questions could there be?

John Clasky: Worrying about your kids is sanity, and being that sane... can drive you nuts.

No comments: