Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Based on the novel by...

I came across Jennifer Weiner's blog as I just finished her book Good In Bed - not my normal reading, but it helped give me an idea of what a NY Times Best Seller is like from a first time author...

Anyway, her second book In Her Shoes was made into a film with Cameron Diaz.

Wow - talk about an experience of seeing a studio release of a movie you wrote. Sure, RoomMate Productions is great and all, but this would rock!

Here is what she writes:
Friday, April 08, 2005
posted by Jen at 4/8/2005 11:49:00 PM
I'm back!

I'm back, and I saw the film version of "In Her Shoes!"

The movie is just amazing.

The performances were extraordinary -- especially Cameron Diaz as Maggie. Curtis Hanson, the director, is known for getting actresses to do their very best work, and this was no exception. Cameron's performance just rips your heart out. You'll love her, you'll hate her, you'll want to throttle her....and yet you'll be rooting for her, and for Rose, to get their happy endings.

The other player that comes off looking great is my hometown, the city of Philadelphia. I think that was one of the most thrilling parts -- to see so many neighborhoods, so many streets, so many places I know up there on the big screen.

Every time I'd see another place I knew I'd grab Joanna's arm and whisper, "Look!" (Of course, I also did this when I saw the words 'based on the novel by Jennifer Weiner' on the screen.)

It was a fantastic, magical, slightly bizarre and completely surreal experience, capped only by the Billy Idol sighting on the plane ride home. He was sitting two rows in front of us!

I told Joanna I'd pay her a hundred bucks to get him to sing "Rock the Cradle of Love" to Lucy. She didn't go for it.

No comments: